External expertise is utilised whenever necessary (such as for ensuring HSNO compliance) and an extensive staff training regime is in place. Regular company health and safety meetings provide a forum for discussion where staff is encouraged to raise concerns and suggest improvements.
- As a member of the Workplace Safety Management Practices programme our health and safety systems are externally audited by ACC. We are proud to currently hold tertiary accreditation under this scheme, one of only a few construction companies in New Zealand to have achieved this.
- Alongside our own injury and accident prevention programme Ranger is also a member of Site Safe NZ Ltd. It is company policy that all foremen complete Site Safe Supervisor Gold Card training and that all other operational staff hold current Site Safe Construction Passports.
- All Ranger employees are certified Approved Handlers. This provides them with the skills and knowledge needed to safely work with, transport and dispose of hazardous substances used in the workplace, as required by the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act.
- All staff hold current First Aid certificates and undergo health monitoring bi-annually
- All staff must be inducted onto various sites such as Fonterra, Alliance, McCain Foods, and Silver Fern Farms etc.
- All staff & subcontractors working for Ranger on EQR projects must attend an induction programme prior to being allowed on any of our sites
- All projects undertaken by any of the Ranger companies will have a SSSP (site specific safety plan) drawn up prior to job commencing
- Ranger have a comprehensive list of SOP (standard operating procedures) that all staff must work through before becoming proficient in any area
- Ranger undertakes on-going training for all staff in areas such as hazard identification, confined space, working at heights etc.
ACC Tertiary Certificate 2012